Can I apply as a host entrepreneur?
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the programme if:
- Your company is registered in the USA, Singapore or Israel and you are residing in that country;
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee);
- You have more than 3 years of cumulative experience as an entrepreneur (owner-manager of own company, not employee);
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
Benefits for host entrepreneurs
As a host entrepreneur participating in this pilot project, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
- Work with an energetic and motivated new entrepreneur who can contribute to your business with innovative views, new skills and knowledge;
- Benefit from a “fresh eye” on your business, and specialised knowledge that the new entrepreneur may have and that you do not master;
- Act as a coach or mentor;
- Learn about foreign markets, expand your business opportunities and engage in cross-border activities;
- Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
- The large majority of host entrepreneurs in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme enjoyed the experience so much that they decided to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards!
Discover the benefits experienced by European host entrepreneurs in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs success stories.
Activities and responsibilities
As a participating host entrepreneur in the EYE Global project, you will have the following responsibilities:
- You must ensure the high quality of the learning experience and overall entrepreneurial collaboration with your new entrepreneur, who must gain insight to help ensure a viable business start-up;
- You are asked to sign an online “Commitment to Quality” document, which ensures the smooth collaboration with the new entrepreneur. Among others, it sets out the objectives of the stay and a proposed plan of activities during the stay. Note that this commitment is always based on the agreement of the new and host entrepreneur with regards to the exchange;
- You must inform the involved Intermediary Organisations in the event of any changes to your profile or to the implementation of the exchange;
- You must fill in an online feedback questionnaire after the exchange.